View Single Post
Old February 24, 2020, 06:15 PM   #30
osbornk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS. View Post
when I lived in NoVa all it took is one yard sign and I started asking questions. Sheriff, city counsel, county commission, mayor, dog catcher, school board..... there's no reason for folks to be bar stool complainers.
I lived in Northern Virginia for several years before I moved back to the sticks. You have no clue of the difference between the different worlds of Virginia. Where I live, we have very few signs and spotty cell phone and internet service. It's not unusual to see very few signs anywhere and that is a reason we don't know the candidates or who they are to even look them up on the internet. My congressman covers the entire end of the state and it is probably over 200 miles from one end to the other and it borders WV, TN, NC and KY. Our local TV and newspapers are in or on the Tennessee border so our news coverage is mostly about Tennessee. We once got Virginia news from stations and newspapers in Roanoke, Va. but the newspaper stopped delivering on this end of the state and the cable and satellite for TV is not allowed to carry then by law (it changed several years ago). Other than Virginia laws, tags and legal documents, we have nothing in common with the rest of the state.

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries