View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 12:40 AM   #18
skidder

I went with the 5.5" 44 Redhawk.

I grew up hiking/logging in the Cabinet/Yaak country of NW Montana. There are tons of grizzlies, black bears, wolves, and mountain lions. I started looking for a 44 in 1996. My concerns were similar to yours: hiking, hunting, packing, weight, power, target, etc...

Back then there were not as many choices. The main 44s were the 629, RH and SRH. I weighed all the options and went with the 5.5 Redhawk. It seemed to be the best compromise for hunting, hiking, and target. Mine has been a great revolver, and I don't think you would be disappointed either.

For hunting I use 300 Hornady XTPs and for hiking 320 Corbon (bullet in picture ) BTW: that bullet will not fit in a 629.

P.S. The fact that its easy on the eyes is just an added bonus.

Gun permit?? A bread crumb tossed to a sleeping society awoken by the sound of complacency. "They are for your own good", and "you will understand when you see all the lives they save". Yes master, what else will you toss me from your bag of infringements?? Do you want me to roll over and play dead? I do that very well. --skidder

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 8 queries