View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

If 2.7 pounds scare you then don't get a full size gun that holds a third of a box of ammo, get a smaller gun that holds half as much. No use having a great gun like the CZ SP-01 if you aren't going to carry it. That is a gun for serious shooting and serious shooters like the weight because it helps their shooting. You won't shoot it if you won't carry it.

Not a criticism of you, it's just a fact that if you aren't comfortable with the gun you won't, bring it with you, some of us are built like gorillas and don't pay a lot of attention to bulk or weight. I'm a 45 man and my gun loaded is .4 oz less than yours but it only has 7 rounds in it. You have to ask yourself what are you going to use it for to determine if it's to heavy. I say no but I'm an old gorilla who doesn't know better and is used to thew weight.

You want heavy get yourself a Colt Walker revolver and holster carry 7 pounds of gun for a day. I have two and they rarely get carried double and only if I'm not far from a chair or stool or stump or horse to sit on. Carry them to the firing line, shoot them and then go back and remove the gun belt is the plan for that load.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries