View Single Post
Old January 10, 2000, 05:20 AM   #8
TMoney

I'm working on it right now (4:15am Monday). Crushing shells. I'm not going to guarantee any kind of granule consistency, but I will guarantee some sore muscles here and there. I'll be ready to tumble some brass in a few more hours. I'm taking a break.
I'm crushing them with a rolling pin on a cutting board inside an rectangled, plastic container. It seems to be working pretty well, but it is time consuming.
If I can figure out how to put pics on here, I'll give you the before and after versions.
I'll update you guys later. Terry

9:00am It's later...

To bring you up to date. I tumbled about two hours. Since the brass was not exceptionally dirty anyway, there was very little measureable change. I think it might work if, 1)the media is dry - this batch was freshly shelled this week, 2)the media must be finer - I had to dig it out, but that was expected.
I'm wondering whether there might be some chemical process the manufacturers perform on walnut and corn??
I have pics if anyone wants to check it out, but it's hard to see on a digital.
Thanks to all for your thoughts and input. I'm going to try again in a couple of months when the shells are dried. (Hope Mom doesn't need her rolling pin for awhile).

[This message has been edited by TMoney (edited January 10, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03553 seconds with 8 queries