Thread: Goals for IDPA
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2004, 06:43 AM   #1
hube1236
Registration in progress

Goals for IDPA

After a practice (shooting) the other night- my buddy and I are trying to get together weekly, we went to dinner and talked about the observations of watching the other shoot.
Somewhere in the middle of the conversation he asked me what my goals for shooting are.

I did not have an answer- outside of placing in the top third of my division in the upcoming IDPA GA state match. I have been progressing upwards from when I won my MM division in the GA state match last year- a divorce in between slowed and reversed some of that progression.

I have been practicing the draw and reloads and can do a draw to first shot in 1.55-1.70 with concealment and a tac load in 3.5 with concealment and RWR in about 3 and Slide lock in 2.5- slow but faster then some.

My splits among targets in a typical IDPA std are about 0.5 and splits between double taps (1.5 sight pictures for me) is about 2.5.

An 8 shot bill drill is about 3.25 on a single seven yard target.

I miss qualifying for Expert by about 3 seconds.

Now the problem.

While my shooting times are generally good, except the occaisional bobble, my points down get me everytime. I do not feel that I shoot too fast for my ability as in a standard I rarely get points down except for a bobble.

Shooting a stage though, its like reading a book page, getting to the end and not remembering what the hell I read. I will forget where I am in a course of fire or slice the pie backwards.

I would like to slow my shots down to 0.3 secs eash and quicken my transitions to targets to 0.3 (net gain) I want less bobbles in basic mechanics. I am trying to thouroughly think through the stage before shooting it. I am shooting more IPSC UPSA for longer stages to force focusing longer. Pasting helps with the for bidden walk thrus.

Any comments or help or drills=- outside of Ridilin?

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries