View Single Post
Old March 15, 2001, 11:53 AM   #17
Marty Hayes

Here's the scoop

The following is the match announcement that I put out a few weeks ago about the years matches. It should answer all the questions, with the exception of the 3-gun question.

Our 3-gun matches consist of rifle/carbine, shotgun and pistol. They usually have a couple stages of each, and a couple of transition stages, (long-gun to pistol).

Scoped carbines or iron sights compete equally, usually the advantages of one type are offset by the disadvantages. Normally people bring their Mini-14 or Ar-15.

The level of competition is pretty good, we can at any time have a master level IPSC shooter or two, most people are mid level competent. But, since there is nothing to win, (except at the championships), people don't take themselves too seriously, even the hotdogs.

Our tactical matches are judged primarily on your tactics to handle a particular scenario. A typical scenario, and one from last years, championship had you enter a dimly lit parking garage, and you are surrounded by 4 bad guys, who say, "Gimme your wallet". You are judged on how you handle the scenario. I'll post the tactical match rules of engagement seperately.

Here's the announcement..........................

It’s Shootin Time!

After a glorious winter weather wise, it is now time to start shooting again. March 10th is our first match, a steel match put on by Rich, Bob, and Rachael. This match will be a minimum of 6 stages of challenging steel shooting, (bring your fastest gun), as the lowest time wins. I have re-set up all steel targets this year, and calibrated them for 9mm hardball. So, while your wimpy .38 loads might be just fine for the steel plates, bring some more powerful ones for the full sized poppers. How much ammo? At least a hundred rounds, (maybe more depending on how many times you miss). Cost: $15.00

Our second match of the year is a 2-day, mega shooting weekend, put on by Oregon contingent Earle, Wayde and Raye. On Saturday, May 5th we will have a 3-gun match, (rifle, pistol and shotgun). It will have at least 2 stages of each firearm, and more than likely, some transition work. 50 rounds pistol, 50 rounds rifle, 50 rounds birdshot. 10 rounds buckshot and 10 slugs should get you through. (You may shoot ALL buckshot instead of birdshot if you want). Then, on Sunday, May 6th, you will be treated to a handgun only tactical match, testing your software instead of hardware. 6-8 stages of mind bogglers. Cost for each match is $15.00, or $25.00 for both.

Sunday, July 8th will see another handgun tactics match, but this time put on by Clay, Tracy and MaryBeth. Their match last year was a lot of fun and good lessons, this one should be even better. Cost: $15.00

Remember IDPA? That shooting sport that we officially did here for a couple of years? Rich, Shawn and Kale have agreed to put on a pure handgun shooting skills match following the IDPA format, on Sunday, Sept. 9th. Scenarios that are based on real life problems, scored as a combination of speed, tactics and accuracy. 6-8 stages, over 100 rounds. Cost: $15.00

And, for the final match of the year, your leader in arms, (me), will put together another combination "FAS Tactical and Handgun Championship" match and chili feed, (we still have some left over from last year). 4 stages in the morning of pure shooting challenges, and in the afternoon, 4 more tactical challenges. (or is it the other way around, I’m not sure). But we will have a lot of fun and see if Chuck Anderson and Rich Bitow can come back and defend their crowns.
Cost: $25.00 includes lunch.

SATURDAY, MARCH 10TH STEEL MATCH RICH B. , BOB AND RACHAEL

SATURDAY, MAY 5TH 3-GUN MATCH WAYDE, EARLE AND RAYE

SUNDAY, MAY 6TH HANDGUN TACTICAL MATCH WAYDE, EARLE AND RAYE

SUNDAY, JULY 8TH HANDGUN TACTICAL MATCH CLAY, TRACY AND MARYBETH

SUNDAY, SEPT. 9TH IDPA STYLE HANDGUN MATCH RICH F. , KALE AND SHAWN

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH FAS HANDGUN TACTICAL AND HANDGUN SHOOTING CHAMPIONSHIPS

All matches start registering shooters at 9:00 am, and shooting starts at 10:00 am. We sincerely hope you will consider attending one or all the matches. Without participation, the matches will go away. I personally would like to thank those who help make last seasons matches a success, and look forward to working with this years match directors to make this year even better. If anyone needs to reach me about these matches, the phone number is 1-360-978-6100. But, is probably easier to communicate e-mail, "[email protected]". See you all on March 10th!!!
Marty

Page generated in 0.03012 seconds with 8 queries