View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 08:17 PM   #4
bedbugbilly

+1 to what Mykeal said . . . . Bill - if I'm interpreting what you are saying correctly, you're thinking this would make it stronger and you'd still be able to remove the barrel? Why? I can remove the cylinder from my Remington, it has a top strap and I can clean the barrel with no problems. I shoot Navy caliber but whether it's my '51 or '61 Colt Navy or my Remmie Navy, they all are strong enough to handle the recommend loads - which is what a person ought to be shooting. If I had a 44 Remington NMA and a '60 Colt Army, I'd say the same thing - they're designed to shoot "standard" loads - not to be pushed to the limit. Your idea is an interesting one and I'm not finding fault with it or you by any means. What I do find amazing, is when folks seem to want to "push" a revolver "to the limit" and see how "hot" a load they can shoot out of it. It makes about as much sense as shooting P++ in a revolver that was manufactured to shoot standard 38 spls. The gun wasn't designed for that. I see and hear all the time, fellows who want to "push" their C & B revolvers beyond what they were designed for. If a person wants to shoot a 44 and use "hotter loades" - then it makes sense to me to step up to a revolver which will handle more grains of powder like a Colt Walker - but again - not to push it beyond what it was designed for with alterations, etc. Just my 2 cents worth which ain't worth much.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03663 seconds with 8 queries