View Single Post
Old August 11, 2002, 08:54 AM   #6
Eric Larsen

I had a CZ Compact that started to give me FTF after about 500-700 rnds. I eventually replace the recoil spring with a 20# unit, polished the bottom of my slide (NOT THE RAILS!) and rebuilt my mags a dozen time...nothing helped and it actually got worse.
My locking lug on my barrel was developing a burr on the front corner....it didnt have a factory chamfer on it , anyway the burr was caused from the lug/groove interference during normal cycling of the gun. The burr had enough height that eventually it was causing too much friction between the barrel/slide for the rails/springs to overcome. I had the burr removed and a chamfer put on where it should have been to start with and my gun was 100% after this....CZUSA had never heard of this problem. Many people said "Ohmygod, the barrel must be soft, dont shoot it! But the barrel tested within Rockwell specs....it just didnt have the chamfer as the gun needed for the design and operation. Thought it was worth mentioning....sounds like a possibility for your friction.
Shoot well

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush

Page generated in 0.03481 seconds with 8 queries