Thread: Working in US
View Single Post
Old December 20, 2010, 07:05 AM   #7
1911rocks

Another detail

trg42wraglefragle:

Another consideration is that since we are a Democratic Republic and the 10th Amendment sets aside (vaguely) Rights for the States, there can be Major differences in Firearms Regulations from State to State. I live in Indiana and our Firearms Statutes are quite liberal compared to many ie California (probably the strictest) to Vermont (one of the least regulated). So it will also depend on what State you are in. There is seldom reciprocity between States. The exception that comes to mind is the Utah Concealed Carry Permit which, I believe is recognized by 29 States. Oh, and Suppressors, though openly accessible in NZ are strictly regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Hopefully, you won't get saddle with all the California Regulations. I would not be surprise if CA has additional restrictions on Aliens. They have a Magazine Capacity limitation of 10 rounds. Regulations regarding which handgun can be purchased. That is why many of us refer to CA as the People Republik of Kalifornia.

Page generated in 0.02383 seconds with 8 queries