Thread: LEO Only Forum
View Single Post
Old November 14, 1998, 11:20 PM   #2
o1paw

Rich,
First let me say that it would be with great regret and a heavy heart should the day come that I feel it necessary to move on. I have seldom encountered so many knowledgable, experienced, "good people" in one place at one time as I have here. Many of them are LEO's, but not all are. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive to what I consider "exclusionary tactics" from my past experiences. After my injuries, when I could no longer be either a soldier or a cop, everyone turned their backs on me. I was no longer one of them since I was no longer doing the job, even though I knew and did that job well. I think that might make me a little more sensitive to these matters. I know that there isnt a LEO that posts on these boards that wants to exclude anyone. However I understand where they are coming from if they want one. After all, cops hang out with cops in social circles, its only natural. Who else can they relate to best? I was the same way when I was one. I understand the "fear" of non-LEO BG's picking up tactics on forums such as this, but I figure the chance is very remote.

It is also a rather slippery slope. If you find the need to form a secure forum for LEO's, then why not one for military personnel? SOC troops? Pretty soon everyone would be divided, no one would be conversing with anyone outside their own circle, subject matter would start to get stagnant (preaching to the choir, so to speak) and no one would be learning anything.
Lastly, let me say that it is not my intention to leave any time soon (your stuck with me for a while ) and that I consider it an honor to be considered a "charter member". Its good to be among good friends.
Sorry for such a long-winded post. Sometimes it takes a while to clearly type what I think I'm saying
Take care and stay safe,
01paw

Page generated in 0.03749 seconds with 8 queries