View Single Post
Old April 12, 2006, 10:47 AM   #20
rem33

Remington cor-loks are very good for sure. buncha years ago we ordered 1000 of em in 150 grain. Been loading them in 30-06 and 308. Several of us have killed 40 plus deer, dozen or so elk and a couple of antalope.
We do all our own processing so I see how much damage is done to the meat.
I have only recovered two bullets and one was a second shot to a elk that had stood back up. I shot it again around 150 to 200 yds. it was shot at a angle thru the neck, took out a few inches of back bone on thru the upper shoulder blade and stopped against the hide. I weighed it but don't remember for sure what it weighed but it was around 50 to 60% left. Kept that bullet on a shelf for years till I got a divorce and lost it in the shuffle or i go weigh it now. Another was a deer shot very close straight into the chest.
I have seen deer shot with 180 grains that tore up way too much, I remember who made em but not what bullet it was so it's not fair to say company X's bullets are no good.
IMHO it's a lot more where ya shoot em than with what ya shoot em with. I cut up over 60 deer one fall for a small country store long time ago and OMG ya shoulda seen how some of em where hit. One was shot right thru the hind quarters hitting both leg bones, and the guy thought he had been cheated no more meat than he got back. We should have saved the mess in a bag and gave it to him.
I wouldn't recomend it but saw a deer killed with a 222 Contender that jumped and only ran 50 yards or so, heard of em being lost after hit with magnums.
You can argue bullets and bullet weight, this caliber or that all day but unless you hit em where they live it don't matter what your shooting is what I am getting at I guess.

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries