View Single Post
Old March 1, 2011, 11:36 AM   #804
Noodle

Hi all. With the recent change in Iowa becoming a "shall issue" state and all the local news coverage it has re-sparked my interest once again in firearms as a hobby.

I have never personally owned a rifle or pistol, however growing up through various summer camps when I was much younger shooting .22 rifles, in high school my uncle taking me to a range and letting me fire his .357, 9mm semi automatic, and .40 semi automatic, Then the last time I have fired a gun being my friends 9mm Glock 17 about 15 years ago (I'm 34 now)

I'm not worried about home defense at this point and am not looking at concealed carry although that may change in the future. I just have always had an interest in firearms but have never been at the point where I really felt the need or want to own my own.

This would be something to be used at local public and private ranges around the area getting together with other friends of mine with the similar interest. I'm certainly more of a semi-automatic type of guy.

I recently received my permit to purchase and am going to take an official NRA safety and training course in a week with another friend of mine (and possibly/probably our wives)

Page generated in 0.02278 seconds with 8 queries