View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3
RC20

There is not reason you can't have both, remove the thumb-hole and keep it, and get a regular stock. If you ever want to sell it, you have the whole ensemble and can sell it at an even higher price as it has both the inherent value intact and the parts that make it far more usable and what those cost.

Ok, I do not know state to state (CA probably requires a 5 round magazine as mine has one of those with it which I use because it handles better than that long 30 rounder).

My understanding of the 922r rule is that it has to be 5 US parts.

New stock actually would be three parts, stock, grip and the hand-guard (yes there are two but only counts as one part for whatever reasons of bureaucracy)

After that, the easiest (and in my opinion the best) way for use use in public arena, US made magazines (you can have the old magazines around, just not in the gun). Magazine actually count for 3 parts. The magazine, the follower and the floor plate. Spring does not count (or the follower does not). That give you 6.

MAK90 is regarded as the best AK made, normally its a stamped receiver but its the heavier stamping at 50% thicker, has chromed barrel and piston, bolt setup. Trigger is the best of the AKs and dual finger. I have fired the corrosive stuff in mine and no rust has showed up (I clean with Hoppes 9 but am not always religious about it)

There is nothing that you can replace that would make it any better, ergo the advice about using magazine to reach the right count. I would carry my papers with me to shooting range to prove it if challenged (not likely I think but....)

Page generated in 0.02961 seconds with 8 queries