View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 12:41 PM   #5
R1145

Sounds like a good problem to have...

Congratulations for taking on the responsibility of defending yourself, your family and community: Always strive to be worthy of it!

The P226 is a fine weapon, and now you have the luxury of time to save for your dream weapon. Many firing ranges have weapons for rent, and you should test fire various models to see which one suits you best.

I would save up and wait for the dream gun, even if you end up paying a premium, because it will hold its value, and be cheaper in the long run than buying a succession of lesser guns at lower price.

Keep your eyes peeled for a used weapon at various venues. It seems there's a whole new crop of polymer guns designed for CCW out now, and people might be trading up.

I'm a fan of the M&Ps, so no argument there. I don't have experience with the newer guns out there, but the classic dilemma is size vs. power. I usually carry a lightweight J-frame in a pocket holster, because it's light and easy, but realize I could be caught short in a real gunfight. On the other hand, if I bring the G19, I pretty much am wearing a holster, and that means more clothes and hassles than I would otherwise have here in SoCal.

Given my lifestyle and environment, I'm comfortable with it, but it's a choice you need to decide for yourself.

Enjoy!

Last edited by R1145; January 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries