View Single Post
Old June 13, 2011, 02:50 PM   #17
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-Joe
What type of firearm are you using? Is it a TC type break open type action or a semi? Bolt actions will give much more consistance readings. Some BO actions have a gap between the barrel and the receiver. Using less than fully loaded rounds may not expand the case all of hte way. Semis will not expand the case all of the way either which might account for the deltas.
The 7mm is an Encore Pro Hunter, the .204 is a Ruger M77 MkII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugger45
You say you went ahead and FL sized the 7mm cases? Presumably, they all measured the same after that? It will be interesting to see if they all measure the same after firing this time.
I did run them all through the body die, yes. Now all the cases that were at or longer than the "nominal" length are -.001. The cases that were shorter are still shorter. "more" shorter, actually, which is all in all the most confusing part. I suppose that the brass may have pushed down toward the head rather than up to lengthen the body.

I verified my technique with the calipers by measuring several cases and then randomly remeasuring them. I got the exact same measurements each time.

Page generated in 0.03821 seconds with 8 queries