View Single Post
Old March 27, 2011, 11:17 AM   #6
PainterJohn

It is only natural for each of us to profess the virtues of the gun that we personally like best. I am no exception. I own both an a-bolt and an x-bolt. I like the x-bolt better. I like everything about the gun, it's weight, the stainless, the dura touch stock, the tang safety, the adjustable factory trigger, the composite magazine, etc. The gun "fits" my body physically and my taste personally. I have nothing but praise for the gun. If you shop it, you can find a very reasonable price on any version for what all you are getting for your money. I have wood stocked rifles and I think they hinder my hunting because I am conscious of banging them up, which IS GOING TO HAPPEN IF YOU HUNT WITH THEM. This is the reason folks are recommending the ss/synthetic versions to you. In my view, it is the best way to go. Stainless is much more resistant to rust and synthetic does not expand and contract with humidity. The thought I would throw out to you is to look for a used one. Better value and you may end up with a nicely scoped rifle for the cost of the gun alone if purchased new. I would also throw a wrench into your choice of caliber by suggesting a 7mm-08. The ballisitics are great and the caliber has enough power for anything you will realistically hunt. In addition, the recoil is relatively mild and you may shoot it more because it is not at all uncomfortable to shoot. The more you shoot, the better acquainted you become with your rifle and the more proficient and confidant you become in your shooting abilities. You have made a great decision to purchase an x-bolt and you will not regret it. Alot of bang for the buck! If Browning would wake up and produce an x-bolt in 260 rem, I would be happy to purchase the first one! Sounds like you're figuring it out and this site is a great resource to come back to as you progress. Good luck and stay safe!

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 8 queries