View Single Post
Old November 11, 2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Ben Cartwright SASS

I just talked to a large dealer here in Mass, and I was wrong about the dates, it is for Used Firearms before Oct 1998. They have to be show documentation that they were owned or under a dealers license before Oct 1998 or they cannot be purchased by a Mass Resident. MGL c140

However the C&R, per the dealer, is a FFL and can buy firearms interstate that were not here before Oct 1998, but they cannot be sold to a private citizen due to the law stated above, also in Mass a C&R cannot sell to a private party unless you have a dealers license issued by Mass, so you have to go to a 01 FFL, but even they cannot sell prohibited firearms as stated above.

They said that certain firearms are manufactured by a very large company located in Massachusetts and therefore are under that dealers license in Mass before being sold elsewhere, so I am lucky since I am specializing in their victory revolvers. But at least I could add an Enfield No 2 revolver or a Colt if I wanted to, I just can't sell it to a Mass resident.

Page generated in 0.02240 seconds with 8 queries