View Single Post
Old October 27, 2004, 10:06 PM   #5
David Berkowitz

Geoff & Masterblaster,
In the last 10 days, I have been able to refine my needs and criteria, to some extent.
Practically all my shooting is trap. I shoot 5 stand about 5 times a year and trap at least once a week, if it is not raining, and in Southern Calif, it usually is not raining (except for the last two weeks). My initial thinking was to get a Sporting Clays model to be used for both trap and 5 stand. I selected sporting clays model essentially due to its being easier to find than a trap model and can be used for both. I already own a well worn Browning Sporting Clays that really should be reconditioned, if Browning offers such a service.
I have found a Winchester Select Energy in Trap configuration selling for about $1500. The Beretta is a sporting clays for about $1,800. Since I already have a sporting clays gun, I may be better off going with the trap model, but my clays gun may also just be shot out.
Both have some "art work" on the receiver. The Beretta has jeweling and the Winchester has a pattern engraved. I think they both have a good looking appearance and the wood is nice. Not great, but these are guns under $2,000.
My biggest issues are mechanical reliabilty and a subjective thing I'll call "shootability", or just shooting impressions.
Budget is an issue, as is practicality.
Does this change your opinions/suggestions?

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries