View Single Post
Old December 30, 2017, 09:38 PM   #57
Whistlebritches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob86 View Post
We all make mistakes, bri .....it 's the rare guy that owns it.

Thanks.

And Whistle's downloading of his 25-06 touches on my solution for some of my other kids' ballistic equipment solutions- I had less money for the second kid interested.... Did some shuffling and had the Eldest hand off her 30/30, and I downloaded my 10 lb. 270 win to 2700 f/sec with a130 gr bullet ..... She killed deer with it .... While the new hunter found that she just did not have the killer instinct .... Several opportunities, but just couldn't pull the trigger..... Just not in her..... She still goes shooting, still likes to go along hunting, but just lacks the killer instinct ..... and that's .

Actually my 25-06 load is not downloaded.........just where I found optimum accuracy.I've chrono'd this load at 3020~3045fps out of that same Browning A~Bolt.I find it intriguing that anyone would find this combo heavy in the recoil department.I'll admit I have little experience with the 243.My pet load in that Browning is a joy to shoot compared to my 6 lb sporter in 308 chocked full of pork pills(180 grainers)or my old Glenfield 30A in 30~30 stuffed with 170's.I've never seen any animals reaction to a solid hit through the scope of either of these rifles I assure you.

Last edited by Whistlebritches; December 30, 2017 at 09:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 8 queries