Thread: Bug-out bag gun
View Single Post
Old April 18, 2014, 08:40 AM   #1
simonrichter

Bug-out bag gun

I'm not awaiting any zombie apocalypse to be imminent, alas something like a longer blackout, energy shortage or public unrest due to currency turbulences or natural disasters has become more likely in the recent years. Thus, I started to build up a little more on basic supplies, bottled water and the like.

Since I'm doing a lot of outdoor activities anyway I also have kind of a bug-out bag in case I have to move to my place in the mountains once things are getting nasty in the city. Yet, the usual outdoor stuff + water, food and, in the cold season, additional clothing quite add up weight-wise.

A handgun would definitely be a nice addition to the survival pack and a good reassurance should push come to shove. As a compromise between the whole backpack getting to heavy, or going without either a handgun or the recommended amount of water, I thought about adding a small .22 mouse gun. I know many here despise .22 for any other purpose than plinking, but both ammo and gun carry less weight than a full size or even a major caliber compact, and it's still better than a stick. And if the situation should happen to persist, it's far more likely to find replacement ammo...

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries