View Single Post
Old December 20, 2011, 12:19 PM   #26
RsqVet

2 things --

1. I agree go with the S+W, sig may or may not have solved all of their 1911 teething issues, I had one that was not the first run of GSR guns I think it was after they all came to be made in house when they first started making mutiple 1911 flavors. It that had multiple issues and I traded it off but it did sell me on the 1911. What is really flipping fear inducing is we have watched sig repeat this all over again with the P238 -- multiple issues, re-fits, etc. Really and truly just how hard is it for Sig to produce a copy of another design.

2. Have you considered just buying the gun without the laser grips and adding them latter if you really like the 1911. I know unless you find them used they will be a little bit more money but you may not like the 1911 or may shoot it well enough you don't want the laser.

Also is this for carry / defense? You said 90% range in your first post, but that your wife might like the laser? For the range or for home defense / carry? If so there are a host of considerations I will not hijack your thread here but look around and consider the pro / con on it before jumping on what is a 150 dollar add on.

Page generated in 0.03133 seconds with 8 queries