Thread: frustrated
View Single Post
Old December 28, 2007, 11:43 PM   #4
rem870hunter

i wouldn't feel so bad or angry or even frustrated. i've hunted since i was 11. i am 34 now. i finally got my first deer back in 2002. it was a case of i would see them 60 yards out during bow season. jump a few in brush at 30 yards during shotgun or muzzleloader right when i was getting to my treestand. during shotgun season without a permit for either sex i wouldn't shoot. unless i saw antlers. muzzleloader and shotgun seasons until this year was either sex with 1 permit. bow was always either sex. now if you want to shoot antlered. its another permit on top of the first. with a cutoff date for that one. its a bunch of games with the f&w div. and the state. just another $28.00 to hunt bucks.
i think back about the years gone by , as time well spent with my father. and my grandad when he went until the last 4 years he was here. i wouldn't trade a day out in the field with my father or grandad for anything. i have a few uncles that went out for deer and small game years before i started. they still have their guns. but lost interest in hunting. let yours friends laugh all they want. its when you wind up getting that monster buck that you'll be laughing right back at them. i suppose the time will come when you will get what you've been waiting for. you just need to be patient.

hell i even enjoy target shooting with my dad. i have a friend around the corner that hunted years ago. he wants to go again but wifey don't like guns.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries