View Single Post
Old April 9, 2015, 12:20 PM   #28
snuffy

Quote:
"Mountaineer. I'm not tumbling. Vibrating with media. But I'm using the Lee primer tool on them. This will be the second loading of this brass after bought as factory. So far I'm fls everything."

Gotcha. However, if you are not getting all the residue out of the primer pockets, they are going to be difficult to prime. I don't know if you are currently doing that but, I take it you aren't for the obvious reasons they are hard. You gotta do it though. If you get the primer pockets cleaned out well, they'll prime much better.

I am just trying to help. I may be assuming something that isn't so. If I am, just ignore it. If I'm not, do it and you'll see why it is necessary. God Bless
Cleaning primer pockets is NOT needed. You can load any cartridge with a boxer primer that has NOT been crimped without cleaning the pocket. OCD reloaders insist it's necessary though. Many blind studies have been conducted, cleaning versus not cleaning, no difference in; velocity, group size, or Standard Deviation, (SD).

However a primer pocket uniformer will only cut the bottom of the pocket square and to a uniform depth. It usually will also remove the fired primer residue at the same time. It does nothing to the inside dimension of the pocket,(circumference).

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries