View Single Post
Old December 20, 2012, 05:25 PM   #13
iraiam

OK, I got a response to one of my emails, my original email was polite and on the stern side in which I reminded the Senator of how the people used to have the same weaponry as the government, and how the level of corruption within our government is ever increasing.

Resposne Follows

December 20, 2012
Dear Ira,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Second Amendment rights. I appreciate that you took the time to write on this important topic.
Responsible gun ownership is an integral part of our Western heritage. The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides for an individual right, and I am dedicated to protecting the rights of citizens to own firearms for personal protection, hunting, collecting or for other legal purposes.
That said, I am saddened and deeply troubled by the tragic December 2012 shooting in Newtown, CT, particularly as this most recent tragedy reminds us of the horrific events that took place at the Aurora movie theater; Columbine High School; Virginia Tech and Tucson, AZ. These horrific events are national tragedies that should concern us all. As a nation, we must have an honest and open dialogue about how to prevent these tragedies in the future with all reasonable policy options on the table. I am committed to balancing the constitutional right to bear arms with common-sense policies aimed at keeping our communities safe. As legislation related to Second Amendment rights is debated, I will carefully examine its intentions and impacts and use your thoughts to help guide me.
I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not merely about supporting or opposing legislation, but also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
U.S. Senator, Colorado

I am struck by the use of the terms "common sense" and "reasonable" in his response. looks like a copy and paste from the Brady Campaign website. I was also surprised that I even got a response, the first one in quite a long time.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Last edited by iraiam; December 20, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03450 seconds with 8 queries