View Single Post
Old April 28, 2012, 08:42 AM   #34
Rifleman1776

Not a mishap but high potential for one. I was deer hunting on a friend's private land, with permission. I had been setting on my stand for about an hour when I heard voices behind me. I looked and there was a man and a woman about 100 yards away. It was open woods and I could see and hear them clearly. I stood up and started shouting and waving my blaze orange cap ( I was also wearing a blaze orange vest) to let them know I was here. No response. After a couple minutes of this I started walking towards them still shouting and waving the cap. They never noticed. I could see they were looking over my ATV where I parked it. I kept walking and got within five feet of the woman before she noticed me at all. I almost had to poke the man before he became aware someone else was near him. As politely but as forcefully as I could I told them they had no business being in the woods with loaded guns. The woman still had a confused stare on her face and it was obvious she didn't have a clue what was going on. The man finally agreed with me and they moved on. Very scary to think people like that are in the woods with guns. I learned later they left the woods and quit hunting, at least, for that day.

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 8 queries