View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 02:33 PM   #20
TomInAL

I have been using popvox to track bills and contact my representatives. I heard back from Representative Mike Rogers, AL-3.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting me with regard to gun ownership rights. It is good to hear from you and I am pleased that we both support a citizen's right to bear arms.

I believe that gun control legislation violates both the letter and the spirit of the United States Constitution. Throughout all my previous years in Congress, I have consistently supported legislation that strengthened an individual's right to bear arms, and I will continue in the 113th Congress. As long as I represent you in Congress, I will vigorously defend the Second Amendment.

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 President Obama issued a plan of action titled "Now is the Time: The President's Plan to Protect Children and our Communities by Reducing Gun Violence." In it the President calls for many reforms like a national assault weapon ban, a ban on high-capacity magazines, stricter background checks, ways to make schools safer, and expanded mental health services. The plan included calls for Congressional Action, but also included 23 Executive Orders. I am very concerned with these Executive Orders and his use of executive privilege to bypass Congress. As these issues come before Congress rest assured that I will continue to strongly support the Second Amendment and vote against any of the President's proposals that infringe upon the rights of law abiding Americans.

Again, thank you for contacting me and I am pleased we agree on this matter.

Page generated in 0.03718 seconds with 8 queries