View Single Post
Old May 29, 2005, 01:26 PM   #1
DeltaWhiskey

First experience with Berry's Plated Bullets..

I decided that I needed a new load for my 625 .45 ACP revolver and settled upon Berry's 200 grain hollowpoint over a charge of 4.2 grains of Hodgdon's Clays. I used a Federal Large pistol primer for the 625 because the main spring isn't up to snuff (bought it used after someone's kitchen table hack job) and used a CCI Large pistol primer for thirty or so rounds I loaded up for my .45 pistols.

Went to the range and was bowled over by the results! Nice tight groups, pleasant recoil (more so in the revolver than the pistols) and a minimum of smoke and flash. I'm guessing the velocity is around 875 fps or so, based on the lead bullet data I used. I'm happy with the results I'm considering giving up using 230 grain bullets!

As a side note, I carried a Loaded Springfield Armory 1911 and a steel framed EAA Witness in .45 with me on this trip. I shot three different loads through both of these, all reloads and consistently shot better groups with the Witness, and I finally got through a range session with the Springer without being plagued by FTFs. I bought it new and I guess I finally have enough rounds through it to be broken in. All in all a great trip to the range!

Page generated in 0.02612 seconds with 8 queries