View Single Post
Old July 14, 2019, 07:02 PM   #74
stagpanther

Quote:
When all bullets leave on the bore axis upswing, slower ones depart on higher angles than faster ones because their barrel time is longer than faster ones. Their trajectories cross at some point down range. Slower bullets will be higher above the LOS than faster ones at about 5/8ths of the range where they cross. Then lower past the crossing point at target range

This is called positive compensation. Adjustable weights are sometimes put on barrels at their muzzle to adjust the bore axis vibration frequency tuning it for what is best for a given load at target range.
Thanks for enlightening me--so is this due in part to the velocity of the bullet, the gas impulse in the barrel, and the time the projectile exists in relation to that impulse??

Page generated in 0.03286 seconds with 8 queries