Thread: Gun Safes???
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2005, 09:45 PM   #13
leadcounsel

I generally research the heck out of consumer goods before I buy, and I felt that Sturdy was head and shoulders above all the other safes out there.

I've just had mine delivered and it's in my garage at the moment, with 3 friends coming tomorrow to aid in moving it.

Shipping was $325, but it was built into the entire cost of $1850 (oh, and no taxes, which saved me about $150 right off the top). If you deduct for shipping, for about $1525 I got a 35 cubic foot safe (about 29 interior feet) with 7 gage steel, a commercial grade lock, exterior hinges (which are an advantage for many reasons, including removing to door to ship it back for warranty work if someone tries to cut into the door, and also the door opens further than those with interior hindges, but exterior hinges don't compromise the security whatsoever because the deadbolts are on each side of the door), and wool, ceramic, and glass blanket fire lining which makes the safe comparably lighter and significantly more fire resistant.

The competition has nothing to compare anywhere near this price!

I'm eager to get that thing inside and set up. I'll keep the site posted on my happiness with the product.

Page generated in 0.03356 seconds with 8 queries