Thread: Both eyes open
View Single Post
Old March 24, 2017, 09:21 AM   #35
Lohman446

Quote:
How could we ever know what situations will arise?
Training and practicing for the situations we can only imagine will happen has to be misleading.
The real world doesn't really make accommodation for what we think, only for what is.
The better we can get, the better we can deal with what happens, whatever it is.
You will never be able to account for all the variables of a dynamic situation. Even martial arts training ends up being somewhat scripted and predictable based on the limitations of what training will allow. Want to train against a scenario involving a dozen delta force level attackers armed with rifles? Go ahead. Its probably a "worst case" scenario for an individual. I'm not certain how much that training will actually help you when something goes wrong.

To draw my pistol, engage two separate targets center of mass, and then reengage if needed is going to take in the 5-7 second range (granted I have not actually had it timed lately). I am much better off attempting to be better at this then I am adding a third target. If those targets are competent and armed at least one has likely returned fire. Given the benefit of surprise (and likely drawn weapons) it is likely both have.

Page generated in 0.03628 seconds with 8 queries