View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 07:12 PM   #13
bedbugbilly

Now I'll make you all cry just a little. . . .

Years ago, when I was in college . . . I hit a "garage sale" and ran across one of these (original all the way) that a widow had among things of her husband's that she was selling (he had died a number of years before). Thi was around 45 years ago. She had the whopping price of $75.00 on it. Yes, you read that right. I was newly married, both my wife and I were in school and living in married housing and eating a lot of soup and hamburger helper. We were going to school full time, I was working a full time job as well as working ambulance what spare hours I had. Of course I didn't have the $75.00 so had to walk away from the trench gun . . . with great regret! But, I still think about that every once in a while . . . especially when I see what they go for today! I guess we all have lost opportunities like that at one time or another . . . but life goes on!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries