View Single Post
Old January 24, 2020, 12:54 AM   #11
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
A 10mm would be fun, but I would not be happy with the short effective range.

A 30 carbine would also be fun, but again I would not be happy with the short effective range.

A 350L is a lot more of a gun. The good (for now) is that brass and components are ok and getting better. However, the round has enough taper such that it requires a full length steel sizing die. Loading is not near as easy as 10mm. I would consider this round to be just as involved as loading for say a 300 BO.

I have a 357AR that can use 223 basic brass and be loaded with 357 mag dies. It would be hard to recommend this wildcat now that the 350L is out.

A 450 seems to be a bit much for the desired application.

I really do not have any great suggestions that line up with the OP. A lever action 357 or 44 might actually fit better than an autoloader.
I agree, but I've already got the Henry in .327 and will be getting a Rossi .45 Colt in the Spring. My thoughts were a semi-auto rifle that would be less work required on a bottleneck to reload. I did see that only steel dies are made for the .350 which kind of stinks, but hopefully carbide dies will come in the future because my idea was to load on a progressive.

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries