View Single Post
Old June 17, 2018, 07:06 AM   #25
Nathan

Interesting.... I'm not sure I have much to add.....much has been covered

Maybe a couple additions.... Our tendency towards internet group think is a bit annoying. I can look across the handloading section and see nearly every post telling me to avoid max loads or even above the halfway point. Anybody hear of John Linebaugh??? He has developed some above max Ruger 45 Colt loads that work....and shoot well. He would be shut down and posts pulled from here. I'm just going to say h110 has a unique pressure characteristic, IME.

I've actually seen the avoid max loads and then somebody looked at data and posted the load was under min!

Maybe I could add the recent trend towards posting without proof reading...I've seen posts with no real point go on for months....with no op response. Isn't this just respect?

Last, do I really need experience to post on somebody's special topic? I have been reloading more calibers than I care to count for ~20 years. I have made everyone of them hit my accuracy target. I have never blown up a gun. I have had 3 squibs in my life. I can probably give you pointers on a 30 carbine revolver load, even though I have no experienced that. Direct experience is not always the best teacher. Often, knowing how to approach tasks the first time, set targets, evaluate results and adjust are far more important skills.

Page generated in 0.03263 seconds with 8 queries