Thread: T/C Encore
View Single Post
Old November 10, 2013, 05:54 AM   #3
darkgael

Encore

Quote:
........I'm stuck between 308 and 223. Which would you pick and why?
I have them both. I am supposing that when you say "caliber", you mean "cartridge" and that you are stuck between the .223 Remington and the .308 Winchester as they are the most common(Encore barrels can be had in at least 20 different .223"-.224" chamberings an as many .308").
For hunting, the 15" Encore in .308 Win makes a very nice carbine like package that is easy to carry and powerful enough for many types of hunting. A good deer load uses 130-135 grain bullets. Recoil increases significantly when jumping to 150 grain and heavier bullets.
The .223 Remington in an Encore is a neat little package, what recoil there is is almost entirely absorbed by the weight of the gun. Very accurate and can be made for you with twist rates as fast as 1-7, allowing the use of heavier bullets.
If you intend to do a lot of offhand target shooting, the .223 Rem is the way to go....a rifle scope allows for a close to the eye and body hold without fear of the gun smacking you in recoil.
Pete

Last edited by darkgael; November 10, 2013 at 06:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.05700 seconds with 8 queries