View Single Post
Old June 8, 2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Chainsaw.

Forums are an interesting insight into human behavior. I've noticed patterns of behavior just in different pages on this forum. Neither good nor bad, just, interesting. One thing you have to keep in mind with online forums is the anonymity, people get to hide behind their screens. That being said TFL is well regulated and 99% of the members are polite and cordial.
A few of the regulars most definitely push the bounds and their OPINIONS pretty hard sometimes. I've read a number of times things where some will say everything short of "you're a flopping moron" in regards to something that can meary be boiled down to opinion. Its definitely irksome but for me at least, not enough to warrant giving up TFL. I still really like it here and have learned that just like anywhere else, some folks words hold more meaning than others. There is a vast wealth of knowledge here as well as lots and lots of good, well intended people. Dont let the detractors get under your skin to much.

One thing I've found to help is improving the way I ask a question so that another person can interpret it as well as can be expected.

Page generated in 0.03383 seconds with 8 queries