View Single Post
Old June 22, 2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Kimio

From my understanding, he can operate a slide well enough (He hasn't told me that it's painful at least), but seeing as the only handgun he's shot recently has been my GSG M1911 (which is SA only) I can't really say if he has the strength in his fingers or not to fire double action.

His fingers to my understanding is not what's painful, it's in his knuckles and his thumb joint that hurts him the most, which makes balling his hand into a fist or gripping a handgun painful. Granted, it is also possible that he's anticipating the recoil (even in my .22 GSG) and gripping the handgun too tightly thus exasperating his arthritis even further.

As for his elbows, shoulders and wrists, while this may not be as applicable, whenever he'd fire my M91/30 Mosin Nagant, the next day he'd be sore, but the day after that he'd be really hurting, where he'd have issues with his wrists and shoulder acting up (on really bad days, if I recall he'd have limited movement in them because of how bad his arthritis gets)

He's been looking at semi auto handguns, but he's not against revolvers either. Something in .38 spcl I think might be more his speed, he expressed an interest in 9mm handguns too (due to recoil, capacity and affordability reasons, since he won't be reloading)

Page generated in 0.02846 seconds with 8 queries