View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013, 08:39 AM   #9
AK103K

I have both a SAR1 and an early WASR-10. Other than the "dimples", converted mag well, and markings, the guns are the same.

Both were marked with an electric pencil. The SAR I assumed was done by Katherine Hepburn in her latter years, as its really bad. The WASR looks like it was machine done, and a much better job.

On the right side of both guns ....."Made by CA ROMARM SA/CUGIR...... IN ROMINIA.......IMPORTED CAI GEORGIA, VT"

On the left side, front bottom, just ahead of the mag well, they are maked either SAR-1 or WASR-10 ..... caliber 7.62x39

Serial number on the SAR is S1-xxxxx-2001, the WASR is 1-xxxxx-2002.

Both my SAR and WASR came with furniture like the set you show removed (one dark, one light) .

As far as the threaded barrel, my SAR has no threads or means for attachments, my WASR has a welded on muzzle nut.

Awhile back, over on the old AK47.net, they were passing around a threading tool for threading the barrels. There was a long list, and it was always out somewhere. A number of people posted their results, so its really probably not that uncommon to come across one that has been done.

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries