View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 09:28 PM   #19
Colorado Redneck

Powders on the shelf

Just ran down stairs and counted--18 different powders. It is lots of fun fiddling around trying different loads, running them over the chrony, different bullets, etc etc. Unless you are a really disciplined person (where is the fun in that!??) you can spend some dinero on this hobby.

Like some have already said, it makes sense to find a powder that might work for different calibers if you have more than one firearm of a certain type. My son has a 25-06 and I have a 270 Winchester. IMR 4831 works great for what loads we use, but heck, IMR 4350, RL 22, WW 760, IMR 4064, AA 3100 and others have certain applications. Then while working up a round for the Nosler 110 Accubond for the 25-06 I had to try Retumbo. It was worth it! Great velocity and 3/4 inch groups.

And then the varmint guns. And then the revolvers. Dang. And every time I read this forum there is some other component that tempts me back to the gun shop. Then a few hours at the bench, and then a trip to the range. That is my idea of heaven.

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries