Thread: Yikes
View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 07:38 PM   #15
buck460XVR

Quote:
If you notice this article it is the same picture I put up but says Michigan. It also says it was photographed in southern Marquette county which is where I hunt. Only it's Wisconsin. I think someone "borrowe" Mark's picture and claimed it was Michigan.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/C...z/-/index.html

I too have spent quite a bit of time in "southern Marquette County" only, it's the one in the U.P. of Michigan.

This part of the story tends to makes me wonder if you friend Mark wasn't trying to pull something over on you....

Quote:
The cougar was photographed by a cased and padlocked trail camera on private property on June 1, 2012.

Dr. Patrick Rusz, Director of Wildlife Programs for the Conservancy, and Michael Zuidema, a retired DNR forester, verified the trail camera’s location on a well-worn wildlife trail atop a wooded ridge

The camera has also photographed wolves, coyotes, fishers and numerous other species at the same site over a four year period.

The MWC said it was publicizing this photograph because it may be the best, clearest photograph of a wild Michigan cougar ever taken.
The clarity of the picture in the article vs the blurriness of the pic in the OP also makes me a tad leary, considering the claims are the article picture was copied from the one shown in the OP. I remember one time checking my game cams only to be shocked to see a gorilla's face looking into the camera lens. Turned out it was a friend in a Halloween costume.......

Page generated in 0.03489 seconds with 8 queries