View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 11:45 AM   #11
BigJimP

That's not cheating Zippy ....that's just being smart ...and knowing what works for you.

As you know we have a bunch of visitors and members here...who don't shoot Targets as serioiusly as you did.../ your comments are another example of how thinking about these games, gives you an edge - and preparing mentally for competition is a really big deal. There is only
" 1 target " ....that often will separate ...who wins ....and who gets beat by 30 other shooters in a tournament.

I was lucky enough to win back to back state shoots, in my class, for sporting clays in the 28ga ...and both years, I lost to the same guy, in .410 , by one lousy bird....and even though it was 10 yrs ago ...it still aggravates me to no end..../and its not the trophy - or the belt buckle or whatever it was for ...its that there were 5 or 6 targets on the courses, in both years, that I missed that I should have broken ...shooting a 7 instead of an 8 - because of a mental lapse...or misreading a pair of targets...all the little things that add up to winning or losing... / now maybe he said the same thing....but at that moment in time, he beat me mentally - and we were both on the course at the same time / but on different stations in different squads...so we had no way of knowing what the other was doing...a little mental edge, is a really big deal ! You were being smart !

Page generated in 0.03781 seconds with 8 queries