View Single Post
Old October 9, 2009, 07:16 AM   #6
SeekHer

I would strongly suggest contacting a Chartered Accountant about that...

As far as I know the Tax Stamp is a necessary part of your business, hence a deductible expense same a property or business taxes are especially if you sell the item...

It also depends if you are a business dealing in "outdoor" stuff or just a private collector then if the first you may and the second you can't...

I can't remember how Capital Gains works in the USA but if you sell the firearm the "tax stamp" is then a loss and it would reduce the amount you would have to pay...

I started a small company dealing in outdoor equipment--clothing, knives, flashlights, optics, fishing rods & reels, fishing tackle etc. just so I could buy stuff at wholesale pricing...Took out the necessary government licenses, I file an income statement every year and I show enough sales to be a legal business but declare a loss every year what with taxes, shipping, duties, excise tax, exchange etc...

When the human race dies out, it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally, completely, utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries