View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 02:50 AM   #17
The Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymster2007
Heidi Klum - for warmth
Once again, we disagree. I'm more in tune with one of the Jessica's. Any of them. Most of them. One that likes the smell of chrome polish.

Quote:
Angie Everhart – for when Heidi is sleeping
...well, okay. You redeemed yourself...

Back to the thread. While I'm beginning to warm to the idea of a camp axe as part of a regular list of stuff for a camp out, I don't see the added weight when in "survival mode."

My opinion is that if you realize that survival is the key element, then you are either lost, injured, out of food, being chased by predators or trapped by rapidly changing weather.

In other words, this is a condition where the best objective is simply to get out the area you're trapped in, not go sight seeing.

Now, I admit, I've never been that lost. However, conventional wisdom is that you must be equipped and prepared to tough it out for three days, if necessary. I carry most of that stuff in my truck on a regular basis, but lighter stuff with me on a hike.

I don't intend to get stranded or lost, it's an unforeseen problem. Perhaps I should re-think that proposition, but I have never taken an axe on a hike. I do always carry a knife.

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries