View Single Post
Old August 8, 2002, 05:47 PM   #15
OF

Skyhawk,

This is all, of course, armchair quarterbacking, as you were the only one there. By being there, you had the only valid informed take on what the level of threat was. Body language and details may have indicated to you that this guy wasn't a real threat, just out to show off in front of his buddies.

That being said, I never would have let that guy get within 20 feet of me. As soon as he started to advance, in a threatening mode as you said he was, you do as rock_jock indicated:
1. (if you have time, if not go to step 2) get a grip on your gun, start carefully backing away and give the command to 'STOP!'.
2. If he continues to advance, draw and give the command again 'STOP OR I WILL SHOOT!'.
3. If he continues to advance, plant your feet and it's front sight / press / front sight / press.

It's that or roll the dice. They came up good for you this time, but IMHO, and again I wasn't there, you got lucky. You just might be lucky to be alive.

If he halts at your command, order him and his buddies to the ground and wait for the cops. This is when you need to have your cell phone: call 911 and tell the dispatcher to inform the responding officers that you have the slimes at gunpoint. When the cops show up, they will most likely draw on you. Do what they say. ]

I'm speechless that neither the cops, DA or the landlord are willing to go to the mat with this. That's insane.

- Gabe

PS: Again, armchair quaterbacking. You made it out all right, and you didn't have to shoot anybody. Everything else is just speculation.

Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 8 queries