View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 05:27 PM   #562
alan

Jack Kelly had a piece in today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Forum(post-gazette.com), see it on-line, headlined Government gun runners, the sub head read The administration needs to come clean on gun scandal. This, by the way, is Kelly's second article dealing with this sorry business. The P-G has been anti-gun for as long as one can remember.

In any case, I and others here likely also agree that the administration (Obama’s Administration) needs to come clean on this gun scandal. As to whether they will, I suspect not, at least not unless there is one hellish amount of pressure from media, I think that's unlikely, or the same from Congress, looking at history, equally unlikely, sad to note. Pressure from Congress would, in my opinion, include repeal or serious threats in that direction, of existing federal laws, failing that, major amendments thereto, amendments directed to creating a very short leash for BATFE and DOJ, concerning firearms enforcement.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that the current fiasco will be swept under that well known carpet, hope I'm wrong here, for as some Whitehouse wag offered, words to the effect that "never let a crisis go to waste". In conclusion, it strikes me that there is a crisis here, said crisis revolving about the sorry mess that is Operation Gun Runner and it's misbegotten offspring, Fast and Furious.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries