View Single Post
Old September 26, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1
ZVP

Bleeding and Plastic

Life is getting more complex every day! My trucks have been broken into twice in 2 years while in the driveway, now just about 2 months sgo someone tried to steal my old '86 Ford 4x4 parked in front of the house!
Now I live in a small town with nice homes in a clean neighborhood not the ghetto or in a large city...
I decided it was time tobuild up a HD Shotgun and keep it just in case things get crazier!
I bought a used Mossberg dealer gun from a Pawn shop and cut the bbl down to 19" added a good recoil pad and it was ready to go.
I read up on all I could about HD shotgunning and noticed that the "In Thing" is lights plastic stocks and rails everywhere to hang stuff on!
WHY make a hard kicking gun sharp on all corners and edges? For Christ's sake a 12 ga Shotgun is one of the hardest kicking animals around, why add sharp plastic cheese graders to it?
I saw and handled some of these plastic stocks and I guarentee blisters within 2 boxes of shells! Sharp impressed checkering and sharp casting "flash" everywhere!
Naw, give me smooth wood permanentlly fixed in position on the gun. No folding buttstocks to unlock at the wrong time! sharp ends on the pump forearm to bite you!
Kinda makes me wonder who'll be doing the most bleeding the good or bad guy???
I was told long ago that a "Good" gun feels like an old bar of soap and I have tried to follow that advice with all my guns over the years.
This is the way my HD Shotgun feels and I doubt it'll bite you anywhere your hands need to be.
For those of you who also have an adversion to bleeding, think about an old bar of soap...
BPDave

Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 8 queries