View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 02:58 PM   #8
JackBeQuick

Is the safety off? Do you have a magazine properly seated in the pistol? Does the striker release when you pull the trigger; that is, does it "click" when the trigger is pulled? Is the primer of the cartridge that was in the chamber when the trigger was pulled have an indent indicating the firing pin struck the primer?

safety was off and it happened while firing the current magazine. he got about halfway through the mag when it failed. It does not click when pull the trigger.

did you clean it before hand? ruger packs a great deal of grease in their guns to preserve them during long storage but it does not lend itself to proper lubrication. the striker/firing pin spring may be crammed full of gunk. another problem is the magazine disconnect safety may be crammed full of gunk and wont fully depress so the safety is preventing the gun from firing.

for either problem I would recommend a full disassembly of the gun, clean thoroughly and lube with breakfree CLP or other comparable product. I had real problems with light strikes with my SR9C the first 25 rounds I put through it so I took it apart and removed the magazine disconnect safety and have never had a failure since. I also ran it through the first 500 rounds before cleaning it so I really can't say for certain what your problem may be.

another possibility may be your magazine itself may not be disengaging the mag disconnect, does your gun malfunction with both of the magazines provided or just with one magazine?

I bought the gun at a dealer but it was used. he said was not fired a lot and i ffear this is why someone traded it in. he said it was traded on a higher end pistol. when i bought it i asked the dealer how to clean it so we went through cleaning process before i took it hime.

I did not try the other mag. I wish i had

Page generated in 0.04021 seconds with 8 queries