View Single Post
Old April 6, 2011, 08:12 AM   #83
BlueTrain

It certainly sounds like a good case for carrying a Glock chamber empty, instead of relying on the protection of the holster. I know, I've read most of the threads about how a pistol with fifteen rounds in the magazine is somehow unloaded but a Glock is one of the easiest automatics to get into action with an empty chamber. If you are going to carry chamber empty, obviously it still has to be easy to use that way and not all pistols are. I don't care for Glocks for other reasons, however, the trigger being one of them, though not because of the way it works but the way it feels. I expect others don't notice a thing. I am the same way about most other guns and double actions are generally perfectly fine.

Old school handgunnery generally including getting your finger inside the trigger guard right away as part of the draw and I suspect that's a bad idea with a Glock, although any other DA auto or revolver will tolerate it pretty well. That's why old fashioned Jordan style holster look the way they did. But that's out of the question with an inside-waistband holster in the first place, so it's a moot point carried that way. But with more contemporary holster designs, it is usually covered with little practical difference in speed, unless you're an exceptionally fast draw, which I am not.

And while we're talking about Glocks and similiar things, one could be forgiven for thinking that anyone who would go for a Glock in the first place wouldn't mind having a plastic holster to go along with it.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.04776 seconds with 8 queries