View Single Post
Old February 12, 2011, 12:27 AM   #43
Nite Ryder

any cowboy gun fans

I've been shooting in SASS matches since 2006 and a life member of SASS. Most new shooters start out with 45 Colt guns and eventually switch to 38 special fired from 357 Magnum revolvers. The name of the game is speed and accuracy, so less recoil means you can fire five shots from two different revolvers and 10 shots from a rifle quicker if you can stay on target. The shotguns used are either SXS (Coach guns), 97 Winchester (or clones) or an '87 lever action Winchester (or clone). When we have an annual match there are sometimes side matches, where Quigley type single shot rifles can be used. Some people do use Black Powder in revolvers, rifles, and shotgun, but not many. There are different categories people shoot in depending on age, guns used, and other things. Here are a few of my single action guns, not all are Cowboy Guns. I have a few lever action rifles as well. I use a Winchester 73 clone for matches, but a Marlin 1894 in 38 caliber is hard to beat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (214.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Holsters3.JPG (199.2 KB, 19 views)

Page generated in 0.03046 seconds with 9 queries