Thread: Dog assault
View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Jon-m

I personally own two Greyhounds, as well as fostering two other Greys all the time. Walking isn't as bad as one would think, with well mannered dogs like mine, I can walk them all on one arm with no trouble whatsoever.
On our walk, we are always forced to pass by a house that has 2 hateful dobermans chained to a telephone pole ( I normally love Dobies...but not these. these are both very nasty dogs, with nasty owners). I always worry about these dogs getting loose one day and coming at us.

Sure enough, one day we walk passed the house and neither dog is where they normally are. I start looking around, and immediately see the two dogs, both dragging 10 feet or so of chain, barking madly and coming right towards us.
I was unfortunately unarmed, except for a pocket knife, so I did all that I could in the few seconds I had, and positioned myself in between my greys and the dobies. I pulled my knife quickly and began to yell at them, but they kept coming at a quick pace. I was sure that I was about to get seriously hurt. I only had a pocket knife to defend me, and one arm was behind my back controlling four 80 pound dogs (who were all cowering behind me, greys are whimps. ).
When the two dobies did finally get at a close distance, I managed to place one good, hard, kick right into the face of the lead dog. I kicked the dog hard enough until I though I might have broken my big toe.
Thankfully, that was all it took for those two to decide they'd had enough, and they turned and ran off. If they would have decided to keep at it, I am positive that I would have been very hurt.

I've been approached by mad dogs before, but nothing like that.
If I would have been carrying at that time, I would have most definitely shot both of those dogs without hesitation. My dogs, and my personal wellbeing, is more important to me than anyone else's pets.Especially if those people cannot contain their animals properly.
After that I hurried back home and called animal control. Neither dog had any identification on, and I never saw the two animals again, so I assume that animal control nabbed them and the owners didn't bother looking to get them back.

Page generated in 0.06673 seconds with 8 queries