View Single Post
Old February 1, 2000, 10:14 PM   #5
SnakeLover

I live in the NE corner of Illinois but usually hunt out of state. In the past 18 years, I've hunted deer, elk, bear, sheep, moose, antelope, coyotes, fox, gophers, geese, pheasants, partridge and several other critters. I was blessed growing up in South Dakota to be part of a family that believed in hunting and allowed me the opportunity to explore and get out. My dad and brother have been and will forever be, my favorite hunting partners.

This past fall the three of us fulfilled a lifelong dream and went to Africa to hunt. In nine days of hunting, we saw incredible amounts of game and took our fair share. Dad and I took 8 animals each while my brother was very fortunate to take 11 different species. Each day was awesome and I had a blast and can't wait to go back, though next time I will take my wife instead!

I use a .338 A-Bolt for all my big game hunting, shooting 230 grain failsafe. For my bird hunting, I shoot an old Win Mod 101 in 12 guage. For predators, I'll use one of my Featherweights, either my 30.06 with Accelerator bullets or .257 Roberts with the Hornady Light Mags. Varmits get one of the Diamondbacks. I've also been fortunate to take antelope with my bow and arrow.

Best of luck in all your future hunting trips.

Brad

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries